Sep 30, 2009

Be careful what you want

I love those commercials about identity theft. That old couple that talks about wanting to go hang at the mall, cruise around and just hang with their friends. Love it! But when it happens to you...not so funny.

I got a call several weeks ago that my credit card had been compromised and needed to be canceled and a new card reordered. I thought it was a minor inconvenience at the moment but now it's a different story. Today I got the actual bill...these idiots did a road trip and ate better then I have in years, stayed at amazing hotels, filled their tank of gas so many times that I think they must have rented a semi-truck for the trip. And lastly...they bought hundreds of dollars worth of crap at Walmart and Target!!!! Really...you want to steal my identity then you get to take it all. You get to wake up every day and go to a job that is full of stress and assholes. You go to bed lonely and wondering how you will afford certain items for your house, friends, family...etc. You get go to gym and sweat your ass off just to fit into those jeans every week. You want it...I'm happy to share. But you have to take all of it not just part. But instead you decide to take the easy way in life and stealing credit cards, taking vacations and letting other people sort through the chaos.

Not as funny as on t.v.! Happy Hump Day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh... so sorry to hear this. Our cc got stolen once and they went and spent $200 on gas and then $1300 at a M.eijer store. My main question is how did they go through M.eijer and spend $1300 and not be asked for ID. According to the camera's it was a male who made the purchase and I don't understand with that high price of a ticket how they wouldn't have their ID checked. Oh well... lovely. Thank goodness our CC company covered it. Yours is going to take care of all of it right? I know it is a huge hassle. So sorry!

WendyB said...

That sucks! I hope your bank is being cooperative. I must say that cartoon is hilarious.

Shawn said...

Oh---that pisses me off royally!! I have had my identity stolen quite a few times----but my bank is cool about getting the money back right away....thank goodness....

Hope you get a little vacay for yourself----soon!

Whiskeymarie said...

If you ever find out who did this, let me know and I'll gladly kick them in the crotch repeatedly.

Sorry, hon- this totally sucks for you.

Diva's Thoughts said...

Man that sucks!!!!