Dec 6, 2009

What is mine...

I mean what is my challenge? On the flight back from Mexico I watched Julie & Julia and LOVED ever minute. It was funny, sweet, sad but more than anything I felt inspired at the end. Inspired that when stuck is the only way you feel making a decision to move in a direction if only for a year can create a new life all together. I don't have any desire to learn french cooking so that option is out! I am already looking for a new job so that option is out as well. My first thought is about making myself happy....or more specifically working on me. But that seems a bit broad and a little frightening. So...what is my goal to change my life? No answers at this very moment but I promise that by the end of the week I am going to post my challenge. Any ideas? Anything you are inspired to try after watching this movie?

6 comments:

Diva's Thoughts said...

I haven't watched this movies yet but I plan to really soon actually. I heard alot of good things about it.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

My husband and I timed our watching of it so that we could have lunch at our favorite restaurant right afterwards - we were so hungry!

I almost wished the whole movie was about Julia Child - she was so fascinating and yet seemed so approachable and real.

If I was inspired by anything it was to start making plans to visit her kitchen that is now on display at the Smithsonian - we're going this April.

karen said...

i had a friend once that told me if u make a decision and it doesnt work out just make another decision and this woman was a very sucessful lawyer.....so i try to think about doing that when i feel stuck...i think u are doing great and u are a gem.....take care ..p.s. i will get the movie on my netflix list and watch soon

Trinity2 said...

We just saw that movie last night! It was excellent! We even went out to a french restaurant tonight to celebrate. I was inspired to work on the book I have been writing for the last 5 years.

Shawn said...

Loved that movie, also---so fun!

Miss X said...

Okay so it's been over a week and no challenge posted? It is a busy time of year, I know!

I need you to inspire me. =)