Nov 16, 2008

T what???

My parents invited me over to their house for lunch this weekend...sweet. But then I got there and before I could sit down they each pulled out their new cell phones. "Okay, teach us how to text each other!" The three of us sat on the couch, the two of them wearing their cheaters and I was walking them through each step. Apparently, their new plan includes unlimited texting and I still am unclear why they need that feature. I asked the question, and my mom simply stated that they could write love notes to each other...or nag me via text instead of voicemail. Hmmm...funny! And then before my mom could finish her sentence my dad interjected with..."we can vote for Dancing with the Stars now!"

Oh okay...now that makes sense!

14 comments:

WendyB said...

I like the thought of them texting each other from the next room: "Get me a beer" and the like.

Anonymous said...

And don't forget "American Idol" text votes. You're parents are too cute!

Unknown said...

Oh that is cute.

Jennifer said...

That is pretty much the main reason I wanted to text, but now it is so much more... I probably send about 5-10 texts a day depending. Not very many, but too expensive to pay per text.

Shawn said...

Oh, soooo cute! Liked this story...

:)

Whiskeymarie said...

God, your parents know how to text and I still don't.

"Whiskey, meet technology. Technology, meet Whiskey. You two try and get along now, you hear?"

R said...

ROFLMAO!! That's great!! Cheers text messaging!! That's so sweet!!!

karen said...

that is so sweet...........

patsy said...

absolutely adorable!

Unknown said...

hahaha, they can vote now...that is funny!

PinkPiddyPaws said...

Hey, I applaud them for ASKING you for help. Nothing worse than folks "muddling through". hee.hee...

Just TOO cute!

Keeper Of All Things said...

Too funny!!!

Joe said...

I love the fact that they've put so much thought into it. Many couples would have just said "so we never have to speak again." lol

I'm one of those folks that texts more than I talk on my phone. Thank God for unlimited plans.

SP said...

Oh, I so love that! My kids have been trying to slowly work my mom up to texting. They send her random messages and she loves it. She still refuses to text back though.

And Dancing with the Stars is a good reason for texting, sitting in front of the TV or getting a tattoo of Ron Bergeron on your ass. I'm just sayin'