Apr 4, 2009

Vegas Baby!!!!

Okay...I'm back finally. Spring Break vacation is almost over for me but I have tried to fit as much in as possible. Two days before we left for vacation school was cancelled due to a snow storm. So it was like a bonus day...snow days are even better than planned vacations. There were four of us from work who jumped on a plane headed for Vegas and hoping that we could all combine our personalities. We did pretty good as a group. Three of us are very similar so our trip included a ton of alcohol, walking, gambling, shows, staying up until 4 or 5 in the morning...just living Vegas style. During the other hours, the four of us sat by the pool in 80 degree temps, shows, more shopping, drinking and again just laughter.

I love Vegas and realized that this was going to be the first time I have been there in years without a partner. But I was also able to share those memories and the good times with my friends and we also created a few new memories as well. I sat at the blackjack tables and played with confidence (which hasn't always been the case) and won enough money that it paid for the majority of the trip! That's a plus!

11 comments:

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Yay! You're a winner. I have always wanted to play blackjack but have been too shy and end up playing video poker all by myself. No fun.

I sounds like you had a great time with your friends and there's not much in this world better than that.

R said...

YEAHHHHHHHHHH!! I'm so glad you had so much fun in Vegas.. you deserve good times and happiness :) We need to catch up soon!! Miss chatting with ya!! Hugs to ya!

Beth said...

You won money at blackjack? I'm impressed!

Whiskeymarie said...

We once went with a friend who gambled every second we were there. At one point he was down $2000+, then about an hour before we had to catch the plane home he won all of that back, plus enough to pay for the trip.

You people are charmed- I would have stayed at the -$2000 level, I'm sure.
;)
Glad you had a great time & got some sun!

Diva's Thoughts said...

Wow you lucky devil you!! I love Vegas too. It's hard to go there and not have a good time.

This Mom said...

I'm so happy to hear that you had such a good time.
Good for you!

PinkPiddyPaws said...

It sounds like an awesome time!!! I would love to hang out there with you some time. :)

Unknown said...

Good for you, girl!! Sounds like SOOOOO much fun! Especially winning!!

Shawn said...

Hey there!

I hadn't been able to get your site working!! Arghhhh... I'm glad that you had a great time and made back the money for the trip.

I can't gamble---I am one big loser, baby!

Mike said...

Life is like a coin...you can only spend it once!

Some believe life is like a lemon...squeeze all you can out of it.

Others say life is like a sponge to be filled.

What say You? Just curious?

Unknown said...

YOU'VE been missed!