Oct 29, 2009

Snow days

The last two days have been cold and snowy leaving Denver to look like a scene from a Christmas movie. Everything is covered in snow...in fact I measured 15 inches of snow on my patio this morning. And tonight I'm looking out my window at snow covered roofs, porch lights shinning and silence. I'm not sure that you can see silence exactly, but it feels like that right now. Along with the snow came a wonderful surprise...two snow days. No school, no alarms, no hustle. Just fireplaces, candles, cozy moments on the couch and a break from a place that is not currently any comfort.

Tomorrow morning I will wake to an alarm and start the hustle all over again. And by Saturday Denver will experience 65 degree temperatures, snow will melt and all of this will look anew. But tonight I am just going to sit on the couch and stare outside at the pure joy of snow days.

10 comments:

Miss X said...

I miss snow. It's been cooler here in AZ. Last night, I was out with the dog enjoying the cool weather. The cool weather that reminded me of times in CO when it got that cool and gave me the hope of snow.

Unknown said...

ahhh sounds so pretty! Hope you enjoyed the snow!

Unknown said...

hell. you make snow sounds appealing. ;)

karen said...

sure hope u own a snowblower ...

Diva's Thoughts said...

Although snow is pretty to look at I hate snow days because they almost always occur on work days and it's nothing worst then trying to make it into work through all that snow, slipping and sliding hoping you don't hit something or no one hits you just to find that 80% of your department took the day off and the meeting you schlepped into work for is now cancelled.

Welcome to my world.

Shawn said...

Wow! Snow already? It seems too early.....

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I know for us it's just a matter of days or weeks before we get snow. I'm only hoping we get all the leaves picked up before the middle of November when it snows and doesn't melt until April!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love snow. Especially when it's in another state. Enjoy :)

Saint Facetious said...

I always loved standing in the middle of Cap Hill during a snow day and just basking in the silence of it all.

Maurey Pierce said...

I want to invite you to my new blog! Email me at tara@northshoreinline-dot-com.