Jun 16, 2008

The walls come down


A little over a year ago I sold my 1940's bungalow and purchased a 1930's French chateau. The house is in a great older community with large trees, wide sidewalks, small shops, restaurants and numerous play grounds. My house is large (too large for myself) but it has great potential...potential might be the key word. You all know that there have been several issues in the past which was why I named my house "The Money Pit!" Finally...a major project which feels like an actual scene from the movie coming to life!

I am remodeling my upstairs bathroom. "I" really means my dad and I are doing the work. Last week the basement walls came down so I could replace all of the plumbing in my chateau! And tomorrow the bathroom will come apart and I will begin rebuilding from scratch. The DIY network, google searches, Home Depot classes and designing plan after plan have become my only source of entertainment.

Good bye ugly tiles! Good bye leaking bathtub! Goodbye money and maybe sanity! Living in a construction zone, running to the basement (also a construction zone) to use the bathroom and taking on such a large project...let's hope I survive!


11 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on your project! Can't wait to see the finished project!

One Messed Up Chick said...

Have fun with your project, cant wait to see the finished pictures.

Caroline said...

That is one of the funniest movies. I love the part where he falls in the floor and is stuck there for hours.

Good luck on the project. I think it's great that you and your Dad are doing this together. If I lived closer I would not be able to help you guys, but I would fix you guys a nice lunch. :)

Can't wait to see the "after" pictures.

Anonymous said...

I think you might have a career on HGTV after this remodel. Or better yet, on Extreme Home Makeover. Then you can come and re-do my bathroom.

Whiskeymarie said...

I wish I had a 2nd full bathroom so we could do more of the work ourselves on our upcoming bathroom remodel. When we start, I'll post a "before" too.
Your bathroom is nearly as ugly as mine but I think I still win in that department.
I can't wait to see how the progress goes!

Gwen said...

Home improvement projects are daunting but so darned exciting. Good luck! I can't wait to see the after pix.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

Please post lots of before and after pictures. I live for this stuff.

Renaissance Woman said...

Meg - I need luck! :)

Rainbow - There will be pictures

Caroline - I'll let you know what it's like to work with my dad when we are done.

Sue - I want a show on HGTV! Good idea. First show will be redo the pink and black tile :)

Whiskey - I have to see your bathroom...no way it's worse! Two bathrooms help.

Gwen - thanks for visiting. Keep your fingers crossed.

Lady - do you want to help? ;)

R said...

I cazn't wait to see the finished product. I know it's gonna rock!!

Anonymous said...

Lots of luck to you on your project :)

Sornie said...

Careful, I can say from personal experience that a bathroom remodel will either be a huge success or send you over the edge mentally.