Oct 30, 2007

Whirlwind Weekend


I jumped on a flight headed for Indiana on Friday night! I boarded another plane Sunday at 3:30 returning to Denver. I have become a semi-decent jet setter learning how to pack light, quickly and accept a moderate amount of turbulence. But this is not the point of this blog entry. The point is that from the outside my quick trip to Indiana may appear as simply a whirlwind weekend. Instead, the weekend was filled with excitement, laughter, fear, tears, joy, love and a few stolen moments. I was there for two reasons (okay...three). These are the same three reasons that I continue to pack bags and plan for the little moments...Melissa, Ellie and Cagney! This was a big weekend for Ellie because she turned four on Monday. Melissa planned the perfect princess party for Ellie including a enchanted cake, elaborate gift bags, fun food (fire pit included), a castle bounce house and even personalized CD's for the parents. Ellie is a very lucky little girl on a lot of different levels. Melissa was able to share this weekend with her son, ex-wife, sister, nephews, mom, dad, best friend, friends, Ellie's friends and parents myself and even Cagney. Ellie was able to enjoy every single moment without unnecessary structure, rules or limits.

Thank you Melissa for allowing me to be a part of you and Ellie's life. Watching that little girl grow has been such a life changing experience.

No comments: