Jan 3, 2008

2007 Meme


I read Kelly's blog and was inspired to do her 2007 meme (I really just want to be part of "the cool people") so here it goes.

1. Where did you begin 2007?
Melissa and I were sitting in her bedroom in our pj's eating Pei Wei and watching the ball drop on TV!

2. Did you have to go to the hospital?
I did go to the hospital in 2007, but I went with Melissa not for myself. I hope that there are no hospital visits for any of us in 2008.

3. Did you have any encounters with the police?
I was pulled over one time for running a stop sign (which I'm still not sure that I actually did). But never bigger than that...in 2007 that is!

4. Where did you go on vacation?
Hmmm. I went to Indianapolis but that wasn't really for "vacation" but to visit and spend time with Melissa and bug. I also went to LAS VEGAS ...I love Vegas! I drove through several states when Melissa and I moved her back to Indianapolis. I want to go to more places...great places!

5. What did you purchase that was over $500?
My house!!! WOW...wish it was under $500! I bought a new TV, air conditioner (so worth the money in July!), a new water heater (which is doesn't produce enough hot water for one shower a day), washer and dryer (dryer twice...bad purchase on the first one from private seller) and dish washer. I think that is all for 2007! I would be rich if I didn't buy all of those items! Hmm!

6. Did you know anybody who got married, had a child, or passed away?
No marriages. Mary and Lisa had baby Mac (and he is so cute). Nobody passed away...I'm hoping for the same record in 2008!

7. What sporting events did you attend?
Do high school events count? I have been to so many high school sporting events (part of my job) that I should receive a Letter for participation. Melissa and I went to a Nuggets basketball game early part of 2007.

8. What concerts/shows did you go to?
I went to Cheetah Girls with Kayla (her first concert). I saw the Lion King (twice), Symphony Christmas concert and I think that there was one more show that I went to but I can't remember.

9. Where do you live now?
I live in Colorado. I live in Park Hill...on Cherry Street. Bug told me this week that she wants to call it Strawberry Street.

10. Describe your birthday.
My birthday was fun and I had a great time. It was also mixed with so many different emotions. Melissa and bug moved a week after so my birthday was mixed with different emotions. It's always fun to have a birthday...but I was sad to see them leave.

11. What's the one thing you thought you would never do, but did in 2007?
This is a great question! I gained weight again...which I thought wouldn't happen again. I enjoyed too much food and exercised so little so there really was no other choice then to get bigger. I thought and expressed the idea of having a baby. Bought a house in Park Hill. Moved Melissa and bug to another state. I just re-read the question and realize that there was only suppose to be one thing but I did so many things I never thought that I would do, but if I have to answer one...moving Melissa and bug tops the list.

12. What's something you learned about yourself?
I learned that it is important to keep your mind open to any and all possibilities.

13. Any new additions to your family?
No

14. What was your best month?
March. I got a great price for my house and bought a new house that I love. I was celebrating with Melissa. Bug was bonding to me. Friends were reaching out to reconnect. March was full of potential!

15. What music will you remember 2007 by?
Fergi...Big Girls Don't Cry. There have been so many great songs, but this song has a place in my heart.

16. Made new friends?
Reconnected with a couple of friends. But there are no new friends.

17. Favorite night out?
I have had some great nights out...but either old age is taking over my mind or I had to many drinks. I can't remember any one night as the best!

18. Any regrets?
Yes...and I have spent a lot of time beating myself up for these regrets.

19. What do you want to change in 2008?
ME!!!! I want to be healthier in every way. I want to either love my job or find a job that I can love. I want to be happy and I want the people I love to be happy.

26. Do you have a New Year's resolution?
Yes, I want to be healthier in every way! See question 19. But I also want to travel to different places.

28. Be honest, did you watch American Idol?
No. I haven't watched this since Kelly won.

30. Will you be happy to see 2007 go?
Yes. This year has been filled with ups and downs, but I'm ready to have more ups.

1 comment:

Kelly O said...

We should form a gang and go kick 2007's ass together. Here's to a beautiful 2008!