Jan 27, 2008

Can I just tell you something?

I say that phrase so many times that I have lost count. And I'm not really sure why I ask because the truth be told...I am going to say something either way. Hmm, may need to rethink that phrase. But that is not the point. Here is my point! I started to write this blog because I was hoping for advice on how to be a better partner, advice on living so far apart and I also wanted to share my love for Melissa and Ellie. And while I have learned that I can talk about other things, I am always happy to share my heart through stories of Melissa and bug.

I wanted to share with all of you fellow bloggers' that I miss my partner. I miss my partner and her daughter. I miss my partner, her daughter and their dog. We live 1,000 miles apart and have to depend on stolen moments where we can talk on the phone, quick text messages, emails and sometimes just blogging. We are determined to figure this out! And while there are times we feel lost, it is worth working to stay together.

Last night Melissa took bug to the hospital in the middle of the night. Melissa, who is feeling terrible and can barley speak...she packed up bug in the cold and rushed her to the hospital. I spoke with her on the way, at the hospital and on the way home. And every time I just wanted to reach out and hold her hand and be together. I wanted to kiss bugs face and tell her that it would be okay.

We are grateful for the moments that we get. We have to push through the hard times and remember the good ones as well. I would tell all of you...love the people you are with and be grateful that you are in the same space. Melissa has a big birthday coming on Wednesday and it will be hard not to be together and celebrate. We are going to Las Vegas the following week and I am counting down to the moment Melissa and I are together for four solid days of togetherness.

Thanks for letting me share!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. It's nice to get a reminder to cherish the people around you.

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

I don't know your situation exactly, but it must be terrible to be separated from your love and your child. Sounds like a family to me. My heart is with you. I hope you find a way to make it work and be together.