Jan 18, 2008

Mr. Jangles


I love "The Green Mile" on so many levels. In fact, I have been telling the people in my office to be gentle with the over abundance of mice that seem to have taken control of our building. I keep reminding them of Mr. Jangles and that all creatures deserve some kindness and not just DEATH! That is until I shared a potty break with a mouse!


I was at work tonight until 9:00 and SO ready to be done. I went to the restroom and was washing my hands when I SAW IT! Yes!!!!! I saw an actual mouse run behind me INSIDE THE BATHROOM. I started to scream as if I was being tortured and that mouse ran so quickly and actually smooshed (is that a word) itself under the door. And then I stood there...just waiting. Not really sure what I waiting for, but I was intrigued by the fact that a mouse can get through a little tiny crack in a door. It is creepy that their bones allow such a thing. But I was also very aware at that moment this was not Mr. Jangles and that he had no hidden gifts for me or mankind! This was a simply a MOUSE or better described a RODENT...dirty, creepy and scary.

In the end, I am most grateful that the mouse ran out after I used the restroom...that would have been a little more embarrassing!

3 comments:

MB said...

Oh, honey. You are so cute. I love that story.

Anonymous said...

Mice....aargh! Phobias of mice - yes, I have them. Sitting at the kitchen table with my husband several years ago, I bent over to pick up what I thought was a leaf that my dog was playing with. Turns out it was a mouse. Well I stood up and screamed and my husband came behind me at the exact moment I pushed my chair out. Let's just say he was hit by the chair where men don't want to be hit. 15 mouse traps later - we were mouse free. Did I mention I really don't like mice?

The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

We have them on occasion in our house but in my blog I'm a tad more on the violent side of how I like to deal with them. I used to want them caught live and released until I found them in my utensil drawer. Bleh.